Question:When looking at most sites (including SO), most of them use:
- What are the main differences between the two, if any?
- Are there valid reasons to use one instead of the other?
- Are there valid reasons to use combine them?
- Does using
<button>come with compatibility issues, seeing it is not very widely used?
- Here’s a page describing the differences (basically you can put html into a
- And another page describing why people avoid
Another IE problem when using
And while we’re talking about IE, it’s got a couple of bugs related to the width of buttons. It’ll mysteriously add extra padding when you’re trying to add styles, meaning you have to add a tiny hack to get things under control.
If you have better answer, please add a comment about this, thank you!